Post surgery rehabilitation play an important role in re-gaining the muscle strength, movement of joints, full joint movement and regain the normal body function and strength with help of physiotherapy sessions and exercises.
The duration of your post surgery physiotherapy sessions entirely depend on the surgical process you have undergone. Your physiotherapy would assess your medical condition post surgery and suggest you the right treatment.
At Punjab Best Physiotherapist, Dr. Harsimrat Kalsi an experienced physiotherapy would assess your function, mobility and strength while you are entering the recovery period.
The physiotherapists will create a rehabilitation exercise regimen for you based on the different aspect of healing, your goals and recovery.
The physiotherapists have in-depth knowledge of the treatment procedure that most Orthopaedic Surgeons prescribe. They co-ordinate with the surgeon to identify the particular requirements based on your surgery.
When you start with a physiotherapy routine soon after your anaesthesia is over, the chances of your recovery automatically speed up. This means you can return to your normal activities sooner than you could expect.
Benefit of Therapy
- Aids proper blood circulation post surgery, thereby preventing the blood clots.
- Helps improving muscle strength, balance and posture of your body.
- It is helpful for an individual to walk on their feet. Physiotherapy educates patients on self – care for example how to get out of bed, climb stairs, and bathe safely.
- Physiotherapy cuts down the pains and makes you independent with help pain control therapy and pain reducing techniques.
- Eliminates the risk of PCCs (post -operative pulmonary complications)